Terms and Conditions
Investec Bank Limited (“Investec”) will be hosting an event over 18 hours on 20 – 21 March 2019 where up to 250 selected young professionals are to come up with a business concept and plan for a business on a bike with the aim of getting someone out of poverty. The chosen participants will be allocated to groups to work together on their concept over the 18 hour event at Investec’s Sandton office. Business concepts and plans will be presented to a panel of judges who will score each concept submitted on certain criteria after which a winning team will be selected.
1.1) This Competition is sponsored by Investec.
1.2) By entering the competition you agree to the terms and conditions as set out below
1.3) There are no entry fees to participate in this Competition.
2. When does the Competition run?
2.1) The Competition runs from 14 January until 21 March 2019 in Johannesburg.
2.2) Participants selected to attend the event must be available in Johannesburg on 20 March 2019 from 18h00 until 11h30 on 21 March 2019.
2.3) Investec will not be liable for any transportation, accommodation or travel costs incurred by the participant, in order to partake in the Competition.
3. How do you enter this Competition?
3.1) To enter this competition, you need to complete the electronic entry form on aheadofthecurve.investec.co.za.
No refund may be claimed from Investec for expenses related to the use of an Internet connection for the purpose of participating in the Competition.
3.2) Investec shall not be responsible for any entry that is not delivered, received or is delayed or damaged due to technical reasons, including telecommunication failure on the part of the participant’s service provider, or otherwise. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
3.3) Incomplete or incorrect entries will not be eligible to be entered into the draw.
3.4) Entrants will only be allowed one entry.
3.5) No entries will be accepted which are submitted on the entrant’s behalf by a third party.
4. Who can enter this competition?
4.1) You must be a South African citizen or permanent resident of the RSA
4.2) Hold a valid identity document
4.3) You must be over the age of 18 years and under the age of 31 and reside in Gauteng
4.4) Chosen participants will be contacted by Investec representatives telephonically or by email on or before 8 March 2019, confirming their eligibility to participate in the Young Professional event on 20 and 21 March 2019.
4.5) All chosen participants agree to waive all of their intellectual property rights provided in the event and will be required to sign a waiver of such rights to Investec.
5. What are the Prizes?
5.1) The prizes are provided by Investec and will be awarded to the winning groups at the end of the event after the judges have made their decision at 11h30 on 21 March 2019.
5.2) The prizes are as follows:
- 5.2.1) First prize awarded to the winning group is a 4 day international learning experience in London arranged by Investec and includes economy return flights from O.R. Tambo International Airport to London, accommodation, specified meals and transfer costs for each member of the winning group. Visa costs, travel insurance, data costs, activities outside of the official programme, laundry, spending money and all other costs and/fees not specified are not included in this prize and will be for the winners’ own personal accounts
- 184.108.40.206) Travel dates and times will be confirmed taking the winners’ availability into account where reasonably possible. Once the final date of the trip is set and you are unable to make it or cancel for any reason whatsoever, you will forfeit your prize which is further not redeemable for cash or any other prize
- 220.127.116.11) Itinerary variations and transfers:
- i) While every effort is made to keep to the final itinerary, Investec reserves the right to make changes intended for your convenience e.g. in some cases, weather conditions may necessitate an alteration in the itinerary and this does not constitute any reason for a refund. It is your duty to check each amendment to the itinerary.
- ii) Although no changes are anticipated, Investec reserves the right to withdraw, alter or modify itineraries, facilities and activities at any time at Investec’s discretion without notice and without liability for any loss.
- 18.104.22.168) Each participant must ensure that he/she has and maintains insurance to cover his/her liability, including but not limited to applicable travel and health insurance
- 22.214.171.124) Passports, vaccinations, Visas and re-entry permits
- i) It is your responsibility to ensure that you obtain and pay for all necessary documentation, visas and vaccinations required for the travel destination. Investec will not be held liable or responsible in any way whatsoever for your failure to do so.
- ii) You must ensure that you comply with the countries’ medical and vaccination requirements, which you plan to visit, and that any vaccinations, inoculations, prophylactic (e.g. for malaria) and the like, where required, have been obtained.
- iii) It is your responsibility to ensure that all passports and visas are current, valid, obtained on time, and will be valid for six months after return to your home country. You are strongly advised to check the relevant requirements before travelling.
- 5.2.2) The second and third prizes are travel vouchers to the value of R5000 and R2500 respectively for team member of the second and third placed teams respectively. . This will be awarded on 21 March at 11h30
5.2.2) The second and third prizes are travel vouchers to the value of R5000 and R2500 respectively for team member of the second and third placed teams respectively. . This will be awarded on 21 March at 11h30
6. Winners of the event
6.1) The judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into with an entrant other than with the winners
6.2) The winning group will be announced on 21 March 2019.
6.3) All team members must be present for all rounds of judging. If any of the team members are not there and their team wins, they are not eligible for the prizes.
6.4) To the extent permitted by law, Investec will not be responsible, and disclaim all liability, for any loss, injury, expense or damage (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, which is suffered by your participation in the Competition or the acceptance and/ or use by you, of any prize, or by any action taken by us or any of our affiliates in accordance with stated terms and Conditions.
7. Data and Privacy
7.1) By entering this Competition, a participant acknowledges and consents to the participant’s personal information being shared with Investec and their agents to the extent necessary to conduct the Competition and for prizes to be awarded to prize winners.
7.2) All personal information relating to the participants will be processed in accordance with applicable law.
8.1) Investec reserves the right to amend the rules of the Competition or to withdraw the Competition at any time if circumstances beyond its control make this unavoidable.
8.2) These terms and conditions are governed by South African law. The Competition is regulated by the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008 (the “CPA“). It is not intended that any provision of these terms and conditions contravene any provision of the CPA and therefore all provisions of these terms and conditions must be treated as being qualified, if necessary, to ensure that the provisions of the CPA are complied with.
8.3) Should you be a participant to whom a prize is due, you consent to Investec taking, capturing, recording and/ or using your name, photographic images or video images for the purpose of marketing and publicity campaigns.